In 1887 Theodore
Buselmeier purchased block 40 of Pine City and built a beautiful
Victorian house over looking Cross Lake.
The Buselmeier family operated a brewery on the property for many
In 1937 Dr. E.G. Nethercott purchased the property and opened
the Lakeside Memorial Hospital.
In July, 1958, Dr. Erich & Hope Blaufuss purchased the hospital
and converted it into a nursing home.
In December 1968 Max and Betsy Blaufuss moved to Pine City and
took over the onsite management of Lakeside Nursing Home.
In 1984 the name was changed to Lakeside Medical Center to better
reflect the company's mission of providing comprehensive health
care services to the people of southern Pine County and northern
The present health care system includes a hospital and nursing home. The basic philosophy of the facility is
to provide high quality services and refer all specialty services
to the metro area.